nf-core Hackathon – March 2021
A virtual online hackathon to build nf-core together.
Join us at the first nf-core hackathon for 2021!
nf-core is a community effort to collect a curated set of analysis pipelines built using Nextflow. Find out more at https://nf-co.re/
Please register here: https://scilifelab.typeform.com/to/J2z5zEbx
This isn’t essential, so don’t worry if you’re late, but it helps us plan the event.
If you register by March 5th, 2020, we will send you some goodies in the post!
- March 22-24, 2021
- We’re virtual, synchronous and asynchronous! All timezones work! The event will be held online and will be likely hosted via Zoom. All presentations during the event will be live-streamed on YouTube and the links shared on our homepage and our Slack (https://nf-co.re/join/)
- Several modules need hacking and your help! (Also, some goodies will be sent your way!)
- How much does it cost?
- Nothing! Free! Gratis!
- Reach out to us on Slack! https://nf-co.re/join/
Further instructions for participation will be sent out prior to the event. In the meantime, spread the word!
How it works
To participate, all you need is a computer with an internet connection. Presentations will be run using Zoom and live-streamed to YouTube, where they will be also be available afterwards. Discussion and collaboration will be handled in dedicated channels in the nf-core Slack organisation. YouTube streams will be embedded in the page below.
Work within the hackathon will be loosely gathered into projects. More details to come, but so far our idea is to work in the following areas:
- DSL2 / modules
- DSL2 pipeline conversion (specific pipelines)
- Writing modules for specific tools
- DSL2 module code linting and tests
- DSL2 module template
- Contribute to a pipeline
- Syncing nf-core template to pipelines
- Work on specific pipelines (e.g. sarek, scrna)
- Framework tools
- Sample sheet standardisation (helper tools / website launch / PEP)
- Website docs overhaul